Revolutionary: a treeless saddle that FINALLY looks and feels authentically like a Western saddle!
Treeless COLORADO SPRINGS saddles look firm but still ensure efficient shock absorption and the weight of the rider is very well distributed.
With their unique pommel arch and cantle plate, they use advanced treeless technology to allow the horse uninterrupted movement along it's whole back unlike any other treed saddle. Totally flexible, they adapt to your horse's body type in a natural way, allows you to better feel your horse underneath you, and for your horse to be more aware of your seat cues. The flexibility and lightness of the saddle minimizes interference on your horse's strides and frees up their shoulders, therefore giving total freedom of movement without the hindrance of a rigid tree. Riding with a treeless COLORADO SPRINGS saddle gives the rider amazing close contact feel, a sensation that is unequalled with a traditional treed saddle.
Features of the "Memphis" Colorado Springs saddle:
- More specifically dedicated to work & reining with a unique 2-point cinch attachment, but ideal for trail and pleasure riding as well!
- Crafted in smooth, quality, thick buffalo leather with basket weave tooling and decorated with white stitching
- Supple non-slip seat
- Butterfly/square skirts and fenders
- Deep & secure Cheyenne Roll Cantle circled with rawhide and enhanced by silvery spiral, & rawhide-covered horn with silvery rosette decoration give it a "show saddle" look and feel
- Adjustable fenders with Blevins Buckles
- Ample wither clearance with wide opening to accommodate even moderately high withered horses
- High density polyurethane foam padded seat & panels
- Synthetic wool lined panels
- Rawhide covered resin stirrups with leather reinforced foot rest
- Stainless steel and nickel plated brass rosettes and girth holder
- Delivered with leather latigo and front off-billet, but no cinch (suggested western cinch to match can be found HERE on my site)
- Less than 25 lbs, so still very manageable to hoist up on even tall horses!
NOTE: Fits a broad range of horses, particularly mutton or broad-shouldered horses. For atrophy, uneven-shouldered or sway-backed horses, proper shimming must be employed to bridge the gap/balance the saddle adequately while the horse rebuilds muscle. The Western Anatomical Pad with shim pockets is highly recommended for not only target-shimming, but adequate spinal clearance as well (in all circumstances) which traditional wool or felt etc. pads cannot offer.
AND--BONUS!... for all those who have tried other treeless saddles on the market and have been frustrated with them rolling or sliding even when cinched snugly and mounting clean, you CAN mount from the ground with the Colorado Springs treeless saddles! With their fixed pommel arch and firmer construction than most other treeless saddles on the market, these amazing saddles lock down on your horse's back just like a treed saddle. Of course the use of a mounting block is recommended when possible as this is always easier on your horse's withers, but you won't be stranded when you have to get off out on the trail!
Exclusively from EKKIA in France, these saddles come with the following options...
Seat sizes: 15", 16", 17"
This particular saddle style not what quite what you were looking for?
View EKKIA's expansive product line of saddles for all disciplines HERE (only the Colorado Springs "Denver" & "Memphis" saddles are treeless, however).
Also, FREEDOM RIDING ARTICLES carries a unique treeless saddle in both nubuck and smooth ox leather, as well as a child's treeless pony saddle HERE (this is a link to F.R.A.'s PDF catalogue. Their treeless saddles can be found on pages 52-55)
If you like something you see, just fire me an email from my Contact page, and I would be happy to order it in for you!
(NOTE: Both FREEDOM RIDING ARTICLES and EKKIA do not retail to the general public)
Posted by Gabe Simon on 2017 May 10th
Leather is soft and supple. Only treeless that truly looks like a western saddle and not a hybrid. Seat is very comfy!!