EDIX "Courville" Treeless Saddle
From EDIX saddles in the Netherlands!
A beautiful treeless all-round saddle combination, the Courville saddles have been the best-selling saddle in the F.R.A.® treeless collection for years. A treeless all-round saddle that is suitable for long rides out, as well as occasional small jumps or dressage.
An EDIX® treeless saddle offers your horse optimum pressure distribution using the special layers of flexible materials: EDIX® MPDS, multiple pressure distribution system. These soft, flexible layers adapt to the anatomy of the horse, as well as the rider’s posture. An EDIX® treeless saddle optimally reacts to the movements of the horse. Partly due to this, the rider learns to adapt to the horse’s movements and, as such, develops an independent position. As a result, the movements of the horse and rider become one, and from there, excellent communication is created. Because the horse is moving much more freely, it has the possibility to develop optimally, which is often shown by an increase in muscle mass and improved topline. Both horse and rider enjoy more relaxation and fluid movement.
Features of the EDIX "Courville" saddle:
- Consisting of a 2-part superstructure of high quality nubuck cow leather with contoured saddle pad including 3Mesh inlays
- Offering EDIX' special multiple pressure distribution system: a shock-absorbing & flexible sub-structure of rubber, high density foam, neoprene, and fleece allowing the saddle to conform to the horse's movements.
- PP reinforced leather wide fenders and leather-covered stirrups
- Sturdy fibreglass zippered pommel and dense foam cantle
- Adjustable fenders with Blevins Buckles
- D-rings for both breast collar and saddle bag attachment
- Matching Courville saddle pad shown is included in price ( $220.50 value)
- Less than 21 lbs, so very easy to hoist up on even tall horses!
Fits a broad range of horses, from mutton or broad-shouldered horses to high-withered horses. For atrophy, uneven-shouldered or sway-backed horses, proper shimming must be employed to bridge the gap/balance the saddle adequately while the horse rebuilds muscle. The Courville Pad with two shim pockets and spinal channel is highly recommended for adequate spinous processes clearanced which traditional wool or felt etc. pads cannot offer.
BONUS!... for all those who have tried other treeless saddles on the market and have been frustrated with them rolling or sliding even when cinched snugly and mounting clean, you CAN potentially mount from the ground with the EDIX treeless saddles! With their fixed pommel arch and firmer construction than most other treeless saddles on the market, these amazing saddles lock down on your horse's back very much like a treed saddle. Of course the use of a mounting block is recommended when possible as this is always easier on your horse's withers, but you won't be as likely to be stranded when you have to get off out on the trail!
NOTE: If your agility is not what it used to be, are a larger rider and struggle to mount as clean as you'd like, or have a particularly tall horse, my mounting aid "StableMount" is a must-have!
Exclusively from EDIX Saddles in the Netherlands, these saddles come with the following options...
Color: Black & Brown
Seat sizes: S(15"), M(16"), L(17")
This particular saddle style not what quite what you were looking for?
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!