From EDIX saddles in the Netherlands!
Treeless EDIX saddles ensure efficient shock absorption and the weight of the rider is very well distributed.
With their unique pommel arch and cantle plate, they use advanced treeless technology to allow the horse uninterrupted movement along it's whole back unlike traditonally treed saddles. Totally flexible offering optimum pressure distribution using the special layers of flexible materials: EDIX® MPDS (Multiple Pressure Distribution System), this saddle adapts to your horse's body type in a natural way allowing you to better feel him underneath you, and for him to be more aware of your seat cues. The flexibility and lightness of the saddle minimizes interference on your horse's strides and frees up their shoulders, therefore giving total freedom of movement without the hindrance of a rigid tree. Riding with a treeless EDIX saddle gives the rider amazing close contact feel, a sensation that is unequalled with treed saddles.
Features of the EDIX "Equis" saddle:
- Crafted in smooth, strong quality & beautifully tooled buffalo leather with a beautiful & comfortable suede seat
- Offering EDIX' special multiple pressure distribution system: a shock-absorbing & flexible sub-structure of rubber, high density foam, neoprene, and fleece allowing the saddle to conform to the horse's movements.
- Sturdy fibreglass zippered pommel and cantle
- Adjustable fenders with Blevins Buckles
- D-rings for both breast collar and saddle bag attachment
- Square skirt style is shorter than most saddles, accommodating shorter-backed horses
- Anatomical cutback for optimal clearance of the withers
- Delivered with latigo and front off-billet but no cinch (suggested western cinch to match can be found HERE on my site)
- Saddle pad shown not included in price (Equis Pad is a $210.50 value, or upgrade to the Cadillac: Western Anatomical Pad for $299.50)
- Less than 23 lbs, so still very manageable to hoist up on even tall horses!
Fits a broad range of horses, from mutton or broad-shouldered horses to high-withered horses. For atrophy, uneven-shouldered or sway-backed horses, proper shimming must be employed to bridge the gap/balance the saddle adequately while the horse rebuilds muscle. The Western Anatomical Pad with shim pockets is highly recommended for not only target-shimming, but adequate spinal clearance as well (in all circumstances) which traditional wool or felt etc. pads cannot offer.
BONUS!... for all those who have tried other treeless saddles on the market and have been frustrated with them rolling or sliding even when cinched snugly and mounting clean, you CAN potentially mount from the ground with the EDIX treeless saddles! With their fixed pommel arch and firmer construction than most other treeless saddles on the market, these amazing saddles lock down on your horse's back very much like a treed saddle. Of course the use of a mounting block is recommended when possible as this is always easier on your horse's withers, but you won't be as likely to be stranded when you have to get off out on the trail!
NOTE: If your agility is not what it used to be, are a larger rider and struggle to mount as clean as you'd like, or have a particularly tall horse, my mounting aid "StableMount" is a must-have!
Exclusively from EDIX Saddles in the Netherlands, these saddles come with the following options...
Color: Dark Brown & Natural
Seat sizes: 15", 16", 17"
This particular saddle style not what quite what you were looking for?
Posted by Gayle Mombourquette on 2021 Feb 19th
We looked for 2.5 years for a saddle to fit this 13.2 HH Welera pony. He is super wide and mutton withered, with a short back. This saddle fits him great and he is happy & comfortable. Great seat for my daughter as well. Never thought I would find a western looking saddle to make them both happy, but this one did it!